Video Upload Guidelines
Orientation & Policies
- Must be born before December 31, 2004.
- No absence is permitted during the six weeks of Festival.
- View Orientation and Policies.
- Fill out the online application. Deadline for application is Monday, February 21, 2022 at 11:59 pm (CST).
- Pay the application fee. Once application has been received and application fee paid you can upload your recorded video audition. Two recommendations should be submitted and received in Round Top no later than March 7, 2022. Please use the automated Recommendation request found in your student account. However, if your recommender does not receive the email request, he/she should email their recommendation directly to Alain Declert (email@example.com).
- Once audition has been reviewed by Round Top faculty you will receive an acceptance or rejection by email.
- Upon acceptance, the registration fee is due no later than Monday April 11, 2022 in order to secure your position.
- The room and board fee, is due no later than Sunday June 5, 2022.
- Tuition: $0 (All accepted participants are granted a full scholarship.)
- Application/Audition fee: $80 (Due with application, non-refundable)
- Registration fee: $250 (Due on acceptance, non-refundable)
- Room and Board fee: $900 for six weeks (Payable with the registration fee and due no later than Sunday June 5, 2022.)
- About 10 work-study positions (bow markers and stagehands) are available. Each position is worth a $450 value that is applied against the housing fee. Requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday April 11, 2022.
Auditions1. Preliminary Auditions:
Once you have filled out the application, you have access to your personal file. After paying the $80 fee (online or checks made to "The James Dick Foundation" and mailed to Alain G. Declert, P.O. Box 89, Round Top, TX 78954) you have access to the "Upload Video Audition" button.
All audition excerpts must be video recorded in the order requested (mp4 format without any verbal introduction) and uploaded on your created account. The audition must be uploaded as one video, but the excerpts may be recorded separately on the same day and in the same room (show the date on the video) and pasted together into one continuous video segment in the order listed.
All pieces should be played without accompaniment. Read also Video Audition Upload Guidelines.
Each instrument requires specific excerpts (Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Flute, Piccolo, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Bass Trombone, Tuba, Percussion, Harp, Piano.)
Although excerpts for English horn, E-flat clarinet, and Bass Clarinet are optional, they are strongly recommended.
Note: Due to the volume of applicants, we are not able to offer feedback on recorded auditions.
2. Placement Auditions (live in front of the faculty members):
On Monday June 6, 2022 starting at 10:00 am after the orientation meeting.
Specific excerpts will be posted early May 2022.