Festival Hill, the inspiring campus of Round Top Festival Institute, is located one-half mile north of Round Top on State Highway 237. Graced by 100 year old oaks, historic homes, acres of shady shrubs and carefully tended flower and herb gardens, the campus offers two very popular venues for the perfect wedding.|
The beautifully restored Edythe Bates Old Chapel, built in 1883, seats 160. Available for the ceremony is the Henry Erben pipe organ, Steinway piano, chapel bell, altar, pedestals, adjustable lighting, sound system and more. Chandeliers, ornate woodwork and stained glass windows add to the ambiance.
The Herzstein Plaza is a stunning open-air uncovered outdoor venue, perfect for weddings and receptions for up to 300 guests, or seated dinners for 100, catered by a caterer of your choice.
The Menke House Dining room is available for rehearsal dinners for 25 to 50 guests. Dinner is prepared and served by our Food Service staff.
Overnight accommodations with a complimentary continental breakfast are available for approximately 100 guests. Whether you have your reception on our grounds or celebrate elsewhere, you and your guests can return to our campus and rest in our comfortable rooms after your big day.
View more wedding photos
WEDDING RENTALS INCLUDE
- $500.00 refundable deposit to save the date. Half payment due at contract signing, remainder due 1 month prior to wedding date.
- Two parking attendants (for 100 guests; additional fee applies for larger groups)
- Armed security officer
- Free parking area near chapel and plaza
- Up to four dressing rooms for wedding party (located in the Studio Dorms near concert hall)
- Lower Chapel staging area
- AV technician to operate owner's equipment (specialized equipment and technicians must be arranged for by renter at renter's cost; must be approved by owner)
- Outdoor photo shoot (must schedule appointment; indoor photo shoot in Chapel and Menke House Parlours can be scheduled for a fee of $50 per hour)
- Wedding Rehearsal (must schedule in advance)
|Option 1||Edythe Bates Old Chapel Only|| $2,100|
|Option 2||Herzstein Plaza Only|| $3,900|
|Option 3||Edythe Bates Old Chapel and Herzstein Plaza|| $5,400|
| *Rates are subject to change without notice until contract is signed.|
|Piano Rental (includes tuning, does not include pianist)||$500|
|Organ Rental (does not include organist*)|
(*must hire Linda Patterson as organist; arrangement is between renter
and Dr. Patterson. Contact information will be provided.)
| Additional Fees are subject to change without notice until contract is signed.|
- Beer and wine may be served at the reception. No liquor is allowed on the premises.
- Family of wedding party must bring beer and wine on campus. Must remove from campus
- after event.
- All audio entertainment must stop at 11:00 PM. This includes, but is not limited to, band, DJ, vocalists, instrumentalists, recordings, etc.
RENTAL TIME FRAME
Setup in the chapel may begin at 9 am on the day of the event. Setup on the plaza may begin on the day before the event during normal business hours. Tenting may be setup earlier with approval from the owner. All setup activities must be scheduled and pre- approved.
Round Top Festival Institute does not provide planning, set-up or teardown services. Although not required, it is recommended that all events consider engaging a planner to assist with set-up/teardown, staffing, catering and rental equipment.
VENDORS, EQUIPMENT AND OTHER EVENT NEEDS
The most common vendors which events will utilize are caterers, rental companies, florists, bands/DJ’s.
TO RESERVE A DATE
A contract must be signed and a deposit of 50% of the venue rental fee, plus a security deposit of $500, must be paid to reserve a date. The security deposit is refunded 30 days after the event, less any damages.
The contract is between Renter and The James Dick Foundation, owner of the property.
All tenting must be provided and set up by an approved, insured tenting company. Tent locations must be approved in advance by the Owner to avoid any damage to the Premises. No tenting off the Herzstein Plaza is allowed. Only barrel-style tenting is allowed.
The remaining rental fee and any additional fees are due 2 weeks prior to the event. Payments may be made by check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express).
For more information about renting our facilities for your wedding, please contact Stephanie Van Dresar, Wedding Site Coordinator at email@example.com or call 979-249-3129. The Wedding Site Coordinator is responsible for coordinating your event between the wedding party and Festival Hill and does not serve as the wedding planner.
Wedding Venue Rental Rates and Rules Sheet
Overnight Lodging Wedding Room Rates and Rules Sheet